College of Computer Studies
To provide a relevant and qualify ICT education and produce globally competitive ICT specialists.
- To provide students and other clintele the knowlege of business, computer and general education through quality instruction and learning environment.
- To develop the skills of the students in communication, business and computer technical competence with the use of advanced technological innovations.
- To impress upon the students Christian values and attitudes which are necessary and expected from individuals professing knowledge and skills in ICT.
- To instill among the faculty and students the sense of social and civic responsibilities through community service and industry experience.
FCU opened its first computer course, the Associate in Computer Science (ACS) in June 1993. The following year, 1994, the Commission on Higher Education, (CHED) issued government permit that allowed the College to continue this offering. In 1996, the Commission again granted Filamer government recognition for a four year program, the Bachelor of Science in Computer Science.
In its efforts of integrating the concepts of information technology in the field of business and commerce, another four -year program, Bachelor of Science in Information Management (BSIM) was offered in 2001. This was replaced by Bachelor of Science in Information System (BSIS) five years later, 2006. By this time, the Computer Science Department became independent from the College of Business and Accountancy and was named the College of Computer Studies.
The Bachelor of Science in Electronic Engineering opened in 2007, it is focused on the emerging electronics and communication technologies. With these, the College continues its commitment of providing excellent instruction, research and extension.
Faculty and Staff
|Dean||Adjijil, Jonathan E.||Asso. Prof. V||AB Econ. (FCC) ’87, MAT-Soc. Sci. (FCC) ’06|
|OIC-Head, BSECE||Dador, Jomar A.||Instructor III||BSECE (WVCST) ’04|
|OIC-Head, BSCS||Sario, Rommel B.||Asso. Prof. V||BSCS(FCC) ’97; MAT-Math (FCC) ’03|
|Faculty Members||Basinang, Edwin G.||Asst. Prof. III||BSEE (WIT) ’89, MAT-Math (FCC) ’06|
|Beldia, Shane Grey H.||Teacher II||BSEE (PSPC) ’02|
|Chu, Mylene R.||Asst. Prof. II||BSCS (FCC) ’97; MPA (PSPC) ’03|
|Fuentes, Anntoniete A.||Teacher I||ACS (FCC) ’96; BSCS (FCC) ’98|
|Gafate, Jonah P.||Asso. Prof. V||BSCS (CCV) ’94; BEED (FCC) ’01; MBA (CPC) ’05|
|Gersaniva, Marvin A.||Teacher I||BSCS (FCC) ’11|
|Secretary||Gallaza, Roel B.||Clerk||BSC (CPU) ’01; LLB (CPU) ’05|
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science (Ladderized Program) – Recognition No. C-R-11, s. 1996
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology – 2011
- Bachelor of Science Information Management – Recognition No. 002, s. 2005
- Bachelor of Science in Electronics and Communication Engineering – 2012
- Computer Hardware Servicing NC-II (TESDA)