College of Teacher Education
In 1983, the vision of Dr. Salvio E. Llanera, to have a teacher training institution that will provide quality teachers was realized when, Filamer Christian University formerly, Filamer Christian College offered Bachelor in Elementary Education. In 1994, the Bachelor in Secondary Education was offered as an additional program of the College. True to his vision, the College of Education earned good reputation. Its student population grew, the passing percentage PBET and the Licensure Examination for Teachers was high. It produced topnotchers in the board examination national level in the persons of Ramy Lloyd Lotilla (1997 first 5); Kenn O. Batacandolo, (2000, first) and recently Arlyn Clarito (2011 Top 5); Josephine C. Elvas (Rank 9, 2014); and Mark Anthony A. Durana (top 10, 2015).
In recognition of the contribution of the College in the training of quality teachers, the Commission on Higher Education (CHED) identified the FCU – College of Education as the “Center of Excellence Satellite Institute” of Roxas City. In May 2014, the Association of Christian Schools, Colleges and Universities Accrediting Agency, Inc. (ACSCU – AAI) granted the CTE the Level IV Status, the only in the province of Capiz and the City of Roxas.
A center of excellence in teacher – training
The development of teachers who have high sense of scholarship and deep commitment to service.
- To train pre-service teachers to keep pace with the changes in society and the accompanying challenges of the technological world.
- To nurture pre-service teachers who are properly prepared to undertake educational challenges and changes.
- Produce service and development-oriented teachers with a Christian values in life
To engage students toward a discernible and constructive life by:
- demonstrating and practicing the professional and ethical requirements of the teaching professions;
- having a meaningful and comprehensive knowledge of the subject matter they will teach;
- offering them opportunities and inspiration for the development of varied talents and interests;
- Possesing a deep and principled understanding of the teaching-learning process skills; and
- Continuing learning in order to better fulfill their mission as teachers.
Admission and Retention Policies
Admission to Filamer Christian University may be granted to those students who present complete and valid credentials and who meet the admission requirements of the college or department in which they seek enrollment.
The school reserves the right to deny admission to students for reasons of moral/academic standing.
B. Admission Requirements:
Credentials submitted for enrollment become part of school records. It may not be withdrawn after registration. The school reserves the right not to admit or to dismiss at any time any student or enrollee who submits false credentials.
For student to be admitted to the College of Education, he or she must submit the following:
- Form 138 (High School Card) – with a general passing (GPA) of at least 85%. Students who desire to be admitted to the College but have a GPA below 85% will only be accepted on probationary basis of one (1) semester. If he/she improves in his/her grades after this, he/she may be allowed to continue in the college, otherwise, he/she will be advised to shift/transfer to other courses.
- Certificate of Good Moral Character.
- Certificate of Birth (NSO Authenticated)
- A student must pass at least 75% of all subjects he/she have enrolled in order to continue his/her studies for the next term, otherwise, he/she will be advised to shift/transfer to other courses.
- No student will be allowed to enroll if he/she has incomplete grades.
- Any student found to violate the rules and regulations of the school and the College, will be refused enrollment.
- Bachelor of Elementary Education (Accredited Level IV – ACSCU-AAI)
Specializations: General Education, Special Education and Pre-School Education
- Bachelor of Secondary Education (Accredited Level IV – ACSCU-AAI)
Specializations: English, Mathematics, Filipino, Biological Science, Social Studies, Physical Science and Music, Arts & PE (MAPE)
- Diplomate in Early Childhood Education
- Teacher Education Certificate (TEC)
Faculty and Staff
Jonathan P. Leal, Ph. D.
Susan O. Parce,Ed. D.
Marcelo Julius Caesar M. Diaz III, Ed. D.
Marlene D. Banie, Ed. D.
Melody J. Blance
Glenda O. Marcelino
Myrla B. Manua, MAT
Cheryl Rose D. Alipongaan, MAT