College of Electronics and Communication Engineering
|Dean||Jomar A. Dador||Assoc. Prof IV||BSECE (WVCST) ’04, Master of Engineering (CPU)’12|
|Full Time Faculty|
|Jeng B. Batacandolo, REE||Instructor 1||BSEE (CAPSU) ’06, BSEd-TEC (FCU), MAT(FCU-on going)|
|Myra B. Borreros, RECE||Instructor 1||BSECE(FCU) ’13, Master of Engineering (WIT-On going)|
In 2007, Filamer Christian College (FCC) officially opened a 5-year degree Bachelor of Science in Electronics and Communications Engineering (BSECE) as lone program in Engineering Department under the College of Computer Studies. The program started with strong and quality graduates produces 12 licensed ECE in their first batch. BSECE program of FCC was also the first engineering program offered in Province of Capiz.
In 2008, the name of the program Bachelor of Science in Electronics and Communications Engineering was changed into Bachelor of Science in Electronics Engineering through a Republic Act 9292 with the same abbreviation which is BSECE.
In 2011, Filamer Christian College (FCC) was converted to Filamer Christian University (FCU) with a deregulated status given by Commission on Higher Education(CHED).
In 2012, BSECE program was granted to conduct and operate through a Government Recognition (GR) No. 09, Series of 2012 given by Commission on Higher Education (CHED).
In 2014, the engineering department was separated from College of Computer Studies through the recommendation of CHED RQUAT as an independent college. It was then called as the College of Engineering (CoE).
Quality Engineering Education responsive to the needs of the society.
College of Engineering commits to:
- Produce humane, God-fearing, morally aware, socially responsible and environmentally conscious Engineers.
- Instill Christian values among people and communities though holistic education.
- Innovate models of development through research, knowledge management and community building.
- Inspire transformative leadership and exemplary lives.
- Initiate collaborate linkages and partnerships with national and international organizations.
- The students can provide strong foundation in the basic science and mathematics and consider the economic, social and environmental significance of electronic projects.
- The students can provide fundamental knowledge and theories with accounts on new developments that are compatible with international standards.
- The students can provide sophisticated ideas in the fundamentals of ECE that will make them competitive in industry or in graduate work while they create with the best opportunity for achieving their full potential during their lifetime.
- To provide infrastructure of learning experience including interpersonal and communication skills that will prepare students in their professional life as engineers and effective members of the society.
- To prepare students for ECE Licensure Examinations and professional career including professional practice, management, entrepreneurship and employment through proper orientation, training and supervision.
ADMISSION AND RETENTION POLICY
- Only students with an average grade of 80% and above in English, Math and Science will be admitted to the program after passing a qualifying college entrance examination both in Mathematics and English where he or she should not get a grade below the cut-off score of 50.
- A student should to maintain a Weighted Grade Average (WGA) of 3.0 in all Mathematics, Physical and Engineering Sciences and Professional Subjects.
- A student should pass at least 75% of the total number of units enrolled for a semester.
- A student should not fail a subject three times from 1st to 3rd year. This policy holds without prejudice to the WGA. A student who has incurred more than three (3) failures on the same subject will not be able to continue the course.
- At the end of the 2nd year, a qualifying exam covering Mathematics will be given to students to measure the level of readiness for higher order Mathematics and Engineering courses. Students who fail to pass the examination are required to undergo a refresher course in Mathematics during summer prior to enrolment for 3rd year. Failure to pass the evaluation after the refresher course will disqualify the student from the program.
- All ECE students should secure themselves with all the books required by their instructors.