WHY STUDY IN FILAMER?
Filamer Christian University maintains a long tradition of carrying on a mission of spiritual, intellectual, physical training and instruction in order to build up character and advance transformative leadership and nation building. For more than a century now, thousands of students have passed through her hallowed halls that bear witness to different stories of struggles and difficulties, of defeats and triumphs.
At these times when learning institutions are sprouting like mushrooms in this part of the country, Filamer Christian University carries with her some distinctions that serve as her edge among the other schools.
Quality and excellence
- FILAMER is one of the only two Higher Education Institutions in Western Visayas (Region VI) awarded AUTONOMOUS STATUS by the Commission on Higher Education.
- FILAMER is the only school in Capiz awarded with Level IV Accreditation (highest Accreditation Level) in some of her Programs. Other programs are also Accredited Levels III and II. Accreditation is a process for quality assurance.
- FILAMER is the home of Topnotchers! It is the only school in Capiz that produces Topnotchers in Education & Nursing board exams. To date, FCU has produced:
19 Topnotchers in Nursing and Six Topnotchers in Education
- The Bureau of Immigration and Deportation granted FILAMER the privilege of accepting foreign students.
- FILAMER participates in the multilateral and bilateral student exchange programs and student exchange on special courses of the University Mobility in Asia and the Pacific, and the student mobility scheme of the Association of Christian Universities and Colleges in Asia, and American Field Services.
- FILAMER was short-listed as one of the Top 20 schools all over the Philippines to participate in the ASEAN International Mobility for Students starting year 2015.
Affordable and reasonable cost of education
- Tuition and fees of FILAMER are reasonable in relation to the income levels of most Capiznon households, and much cheaper than other private schools in key cities in the Visayas.
- FILAMER offers various scholarship grants and financial assistance to deserving students.
- Junior High School Program is GASTPE-assisted. (Tuition fee of Junior High students are subsidized by the government.)
- Senior High School Program is recipient of the Voucher Program of the government. (Students from the public schools can avail of 100% free tuition in Senior High School through the Voucher system.)
State-of-the-art facilities and amenities
- Students are assured of standardized classrooms, well-equipped laboratories, modern libraries, sports amenities, student organization offices, and student-support services.
Prestige of a university education
- FILAMER is the first and only private university in Capiz. Not all educational institutions can be a university; employers prefer job applicants with university degrees.